The Rongdhonu Bangla School has been set up for Bangladeshi young children in Luton, to teach the Bangla language and its culture. Currently, the local Education authority only provides provision for GCSE Bangla in one Secondary School in Luton, this does not provide sufficiently for the needs of Bangladeshi children. By studying Bangla with us, your children will be in a better position to gain a GCSE Bangla qualification. It has been proven that learning heir mother tongue enhances a child’s confidence, improves their performance at school and contributes to their overall personal development.
Aim & Objectives
- To develop a local language centre for Bangla speaking children and young people.
- To provide a well managed quality services to the local community.
- To provide Bengali teaching that emphasizes the use of creative learning tools, which make learning fun.
- To promote the Bangla language in order to retain an understanding and appreciation of Bengali culture and heritage.
- To enhance young peoples school achievement through the teaching of a community language.
- To encourage the local community to take a leading role in teaching Bangla to preserve the language for future generations living in this country.
Our Rongdhonu Bangla School meets every Saturday from 11.00am to 12.30pm (Term time only).
For more information please contact Fazilat Ali Khan on 01582 519500.