Are you eligible for free places?
Free childcare for 3 and 4 year olds
All three and four year olds in Luton are entitled to up to 15 hours of free early learning and childcare per week, over a minimum of 38 weeks of the year.
When can my child get a free place?
Your child can get a free place from the term after their third birthday.
FREE places for 2 Year Olds
(Depend on the family’s economic/financial circumstances)
Is your child two?
Your two year old could get 15 hours a week of free childcare, from the term after they turn
two, if you receive any of these benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Income support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance (if you are unable to work due to illness or disability)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and earn £16,190 or less per year
- Working Tax Credit and earn £16,190 or less per year
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop
- qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Or your child:
- Has a current statement of special educational need (SEN) or an Education, Health and Care plan
- Receives Disability Living Allowance
- Has left care through special guardianship, adoption or residence order
- Is looked after by the local authority
If the child is eligible, the parent can start claiming free early education after the child turns two. The date will depend on when the child’s birthday is. Child’s birthday When the parent can claim.
|Child’s birthday||When the parent can claim|
|1 January to 31 March||The beginning of term on or after 1 April|
|1 April to 31 August||The beginning of term on or after 1 September|
|1 September to 31 December||The beginning of term on or after 1 September|
How do I apply?
It’s easy! We do it all for you. We will fill in the form for you (or with you, if you prefer) in
order to apply for funding for spaces at Little Stars Pre-school. Please call Tahmina on 01582 519506 and/or 01582 519500.